Friday, August 26, 2005

Poem, others and me

I just saw a movie, Merchant of Venice, adopted from one of Shakespeare writing with the same heading. It was created like a real drama on stage, with all the dialogues were poems.

First when I heard those I was totally confused, a black out. I have to refine my mindset to hear an old english language style. After that, I was stunning, the poem was really awesome...! Trully I wished iI can write poem like those. The words were really beautiful, sensual if I can say. They flows falwlessly, a masterpiece indeed.

I've always been a great fan of poems and poetry, especially a realist and romantic one, but at the time I was thinking about these thoughts, my mind flew back to a time when a friend of mine wrote her poems inside a cathedral. Really I don't know why this image passed by my mind just like that. My first assumption was probably because somehow I forgot to compliment her? I often "forget" make a notice for thing like this. The reason for me quite obvious, either it was a really good one so my ego didn't want to admit her superiority over his for creating such an art or it was just a crap, and I'm certain her poem wasn't category two. Well... as far as I recall she wrote an exquisite poem, at least for my taste of course ... :P

Her poems was smart and clear like seeing through crystal where all the lights divided into smaller pieces so create multiple image, yet we can still see the meaning. Very, very enlightening... Cool...:P

There was also another friend of mine write his poem, I think more as a reminder of himself, what he ought to do, his responsibilities and rights, or should I say his aim. His poems were like solid steel ball. Hard, cold, compact and very heavy. It had a deep meaning, well... at least for himself of course... :P For me and other people who read them, they had a completly different meaning. By using some part of sentences he manage to create multiple layer of meaning. Awesome... :D

There was also another type poem writer, (also happened to be friend of mine...another one ...jeezz...) whose writing a little bit naive and too obvious. I mean in a sense that its meaning supposed to be known, like general knowledge or secrets which everyone already knew. The content was supposed to be something happens in her heart, but somehow I got tangled in the middle trying to see with what really happening. One thing I noticed about her is that her writing style was exquisite... I mean it is not unique or clear or good, but the way she put words was odd, in a good sense (at least according to me...).

Well if you ask what about mine?, then it would be a crappy one. Yes it's true, no mean to lower my self or what, but you gotta admit that I'm far from shakespeare... (yeah whaddya expect?..hihihi). I just write anything crossed in my mind, what I feel, what I think and what I see, this all I did. I didn't emphasis on meaning, structure or stuff like that, I just write. Well some times It comes with a rhyme or so but if you see further to the content it's just like a narative and descriptive stories... simply said that what comes around my mind, nothing more and nothing less.

This is boring isn't it? OK forget this then...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?